Hey, it’s the start of another busy week and the weather is still very warm, so I thought I’d share with you a collection of delicous smoothies ready to enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
This beautiful creation is a high-protein, fruit-and-veggie-packed smoothie. It contains Greek yoghurt, bananas, spinach, blueberries, strawberries. You can’t taste the spinach and you can barely see it if your blender is a good one… just tiny green flecks mixed in with the gorgeous purple color.
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe banana
- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 large frozen strawberries
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (dairy, coconut, soy, almond)
- 2 teaspoons protein powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of honey, or to taste
Add all of the ingredients to a blender, cover with the lid, and whirl until smooth. Add more milk if needed to reach the desired consistency and taste for sweetness, adjusting as necessary. Pour into two glasses and enjoy promptly. Makes 2 servings.
Kiwi Fruit Smoothie
- 3 peeled kiwi fruit
- 1 mango, peeled, stoned and chopped
- 500ml pineapple juice
- 1 banana
Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth then pour into 2 tall glasses.
- 3-4 ripe mangoes
- 500g natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 limes, juiced
Put all the ingredients apart from the lime juice in a food processor and blitz. Add the lime juice along with a pinch of salt, to taste, then pour into glasses with some ice cubes and serve.
- 100ml (¼ tall glass) cherry juice
- 200ml (½ tall glass) unsweetened soy milk
- 1 cherry soy yoghurt
- 3 tbsp or 50g firm silken tofu
- 75g (1 empty yogurt pot) frozen cherries
- 2 tbsp porridge oats
Put them into a blender and blitz until smooth. Pour into 1 tall glass (you’ll have enough for a top up) or two short tumblers.